Installing presets in Lightroom on your Desktop, and Mobile devices is a great way to speed up your photo editing process. In this article, we will show you how to install Lightroom presets on mac and windows in 2022.
If you’re having trouble installing presets in Lightroom, you may be confused by the different versions available. There may be several installation steps depending on the lightroom version. So check yours and choose from this selection: Lightroom Classic version 7.2 and up, versions 4.0 – 7.0, Lightroom 4, 5.0, & 8.0.
For CC version 7.0 or higher, first, download the preset file to your computer. Unzip the folder and navigate to Develop Presets in Lightroom. Right click on User Presets and select Import. Find the unzipped presets folder and select all the presets in it to import them.
What are Adobe Lightroom Presets, and how do they work?
Lightroom presets are predefined settings and adjustments that can be applied to photos in Lightroom. These presets allow photographers to quickly edit their photos with a specific look or style, saving time and creating consistency in their editing process.
Presets can be created by users or purchased from other photographers and designers. They can be applied to individual photos or groups of images and can be changed and adjusted for each photo.
Using presets can streamline the editing process and provide inspiration for family and newborn photographers, but remember that presets should never be relied upon as a substitute for creativity and personal experimentation in the editing process. In the end, it’s up to the photographer to select and adapt the preset that best suits their artistic vision for each photo.
Added presets in Lightroom Classic version 7.3 or later)
Adobe Lightroom Classic is required to use the XMP preset format.
• The latest version of Lightroom Classic is from mid-2018 onwards.
• Adobe Lightroom Classic version 7.3 or later is required to follow these instructions.
• For older versions of Lightroom Classic, see different instructions.
• To install Lightroom presets: extract the ZIP file, open Lightroom Classic, open the Develop module, click the + icon at the top right of the Presets section, select Import Presets from the dropdown menu, navigate to the folder with the preset ZIP file(s), and click Import.
Go to creative cloud and check for updates for your lightroom classic app.
Added presets in Lightroom 4,5, and 6
• Extract the ZIP file (desktop version) with the presets you downloaded after purchase.
• Open Lightroom and click on Preferences and go to the Presets tab.
• Click on the Show Lightroom Preset Folder button.
• Double click on the Lightroom folder, then double click on the Develop Presets folder.
– Navigate to the ‘Lightroom 4-6 and Classic CC before Apr 2018 (.lrtemplate)’ folder and copy the ‘Northlandscapes – PRODUCT’ folder into the Develop Presets folder.
• Restart Lightroom, and you’re done!
Adding presets in Lightroom CC
After purchasing the preset, extract the ZIP file (desktop version)
Open Lightroom CC and click on the edit icon (three sliders with circles)
At the bottom of the screen, click the Preset button
• In the Presets panel, click on the three dots icon ••• and select Import Presets from the dropdown menu
• Navigate to the correct folder, select the preset ZIP file, and click Import
On Lightroom mobile
You have two ways to install the lights on the Android smartphone app. Method 1 will provide an excellent starting point as it will help you execute the most effective circuit. You should try another method if you are not using Adobe Creative Cloud. First, you have to install Presets in Lightroom Desktop. Please see below. You should use Lightroom CC instead of Lightroom Classic. After installing the presets, you are automatically synced via the cloud on your mobile device. This guide provides an overview of all the steps. 2nd step
Method 1 to install Lightroom presets: install them on your computer, and they will automatically sync to your mobile device.
• Method 2 to install Lightroom presets: follow the installation process instructions below. This method takes some time on iOS devices.
Lightroom Mobile App (Android)
• Download the ZIP file starting with “mobile-presets_android…” after purchase.
• Open the Lightroom application on your phone and select an image from your library, then press to open it.
• Slide the toolbar down to the right and tap the “Presets” tab. Press the three dots to open
menu and select “Import Preset.”
• Your file explorer appears on the screen. Navigate to the folder on your phone where you downloaded
ZIP file and hit ZIP file to import the presets. (If you can’t import the ZIP directly, use the Lightroom app on your phone to extract the ZIP content first.)
Mobile app (iPhone / iOS 13)
• Download the ZIP file starting with “mobile-presets-iphone…” after purchase.
• After the download is complete, open the “Files” application on your phone and press on the downloaded file to extract its contents to a ZIP folder.
• Open the free Lightroom Mobile app and click “+” to create a new folder. Name it “Preset” and open it. Press “Create New Album”, then name it after the downloaded preset plus “DNG”.
• Open an album and press “Add”. Navigate to the extracted presets folder, select all the DNG files, then select “Open.”
• Select the first image and press the icon with three dots to open the menu > select “Create Preset”> select the preset name after the corresponding package > under “Preset Group” select “Create New Preset Group”> group name after the package> uncheck the option certain under various tabs > press tick to create a preset.
Is there any alternative software for Lightroom?
There are several options, including Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro. However, it’s important to consider that Lightroom offers a comprehensive set of tools specifically for organizing and editing photos, while Photoshop and Capture One Pro may have different focuses or specializations. This ultimately depends on what specific features and functionality you are looking for in your software. There are also free and open source options, such as Darktable and RawTherapee.
Installing Lightroom presets is a great way to enhance your editing process and add a unique touch to your photos. However, finding the right preset for you may take some trial and error, as well as experimentation with different software options. Ultimately, finding the workflow that works best for you and your creative vision is important.