It has been larger than six months as a result of the metropolis put in crimson delicate cameras at 10 Windsor intersections, and as of June 24, it’s laid 1,812 tickets.
The city activated the crimson delicate cameras on Jan. 1. And “common this technique is meeting the expectations,” Shawna Boakes, the city’s govt director of operations, talked about in an e mail.
Boakes talked about the city has not however achieved analysis of whether or not or not the intersections with the cameras are seeing a reduction in tickets or incidents in distinction with totally different locations. These figures shall be crunched after the cameras are energetic for a 12 months or additional, she talked about.
The tickets are $325 and issued inside the title of the person the license plate is registered to, irrespective of whether or not or not they’ve been the driving power on the time.
The cameras are located on the next intersections:
- Wyandotte Highway East at Goyeau Highway.
- Faculty Avenue West at Crawford Avenue.
- Erie Highway East at Goyeau Highway.
- Howard Avenue at EC Row Expressway eastbound off ramp.
- Huron Church Freeway at Tecumseh Freeway West.
- Eugenie Highway East at McDougall Highway.
- McHugh Highway at Clover Avenue.
- Wyandotte Highway at Ouellette Avenue.
- Ouellette Avenue at Giles Boulevard.
- Seminole Highway at Central Avenue.