Blackmagic Design has launched the primary replace for its Pocket Cinema digital camera collection because it revamped the UI with model 7.9.0 in late June this 12 months (article right here). The brand new Blackmagic Digicam 7.9.1 launch brings some enhancements and bug fixes.
Constructing on the muse laid with model 7.9.0 (contemporary UI, entry to gyro information and extra), Blackmagic Digicam 7.9.1 now squishes a couple of bugs whereas additionally fine-tuning some options below the hood.
Based on Blackmagic Design, this launch options “Improved reliability of recording to USB-C SSDs.” for instance.
The lag time when beginning and stopping recording has additionally been improved. All in all, this model is not actually something particular, nevertheless it’s good to see that the corporate is actively creating the digital camera’s firmware to additional enhance the Pocket Cinema digital camera collection.
Blackmagic Digicam 7.9.1
Affected by this new replace are nearly all Pocket Cinema cameras: the BMPCC 4K, 6K, 6K G2 and 6K Professional fashions for a lot of the updates, in addition to the Pocket Cinema Digicam 4k for some further enhancements. Right here is the complete checklist of fixes and enhancements:
Pocket Cinema Digicam 4k, 6K, 6K G2 and 6K Professional
- Improved reliability of recording to USB-C SSDs.
- Improved reliability when updating the digital camera software program.
- Improved lag time when beginning and stopping recording.
- Mounted challenge the place Blackmagic RAW clips with LUT utilized might not preview appropriately in digital camera.
Pocket Cinema Digicam 4k
- Improved movement sensor information accuracy.
- Improved reliability in detection of bodily OIS switches on MFT lenses.
- Mounted challenge stopping customers setting body fee above 60 fps when capturing 4K 2.4:1.
Additionally new is model 2.6 of Blackmagic Digicam RAW software program, which options the next enhancements (particularly fascinating for FUJI XH2s house owners):
- Provides help for Fujifilm XH2s Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Help.
- Provides adjustable white stability and accuracy for Panasonic GH5S, BGH1.
- Improved white stability accuracy for Panasonic S1H, S1, S5, BS1H.
Pricing and availability
In case you are working macOS, you want no less than macOS 11.1 (Bug Sur) or macOS 12 (Menterey) or greater to run the Blackmagic Digicam Setup software program, which installs model 7.9.1 in your related digital camera.
For Home windows customers, Home windows 10 or Home windows 11 (each 64-bit) is required. The obtain itself is free. Merely join your digital camera by way of USB and the Digicam Setup Device will detect it and set up the newest replace.
Obtain Hyperlink: Blackmagic Design
What do you assume? Do you personal a BMPCC and have you ever skilled any of the above points with model 7.9.0? Share your experiences within the feedback under!